Six plastic innovations shortlisted
Encouraging resourceful ideas and fully exploiting their potential - this is the philosophy of the motan innovation award (mia), which motan holding gmbh issues every two years. Among the numerous submissions, six innovations in materials handling were able to particularly impress the independent jury of experts and reached the final round. The nominated project ideas include:
- Adaptive central vacuum control (Stefan Endres)
- Controlled conveying of bulk solids (Peter Haupt)
- Gravimetric, selective throughput control with batch traceability (Reinhard Herro)
- Local visualization and control on a mobile device (Phillip Mählmeyer)
- An efficient and highly flexible system for installing for material and vacuum lines (Bernd Michael)
- Gentle pneumatic conveying of materials (Karl Wolfgang)
The most important criteria for the jury of four experts were: degree of innovation, relevance for practical application in the plastics industry as well as feasibility and market potential within materials handling. All jury members are renowned experts in the field of plastics manufacturing and processing and are incredibly knowledgeable in both theory and praxis. In July the six nominees will be able to present their ideas to this jury of experts. The jury will then decide on the winners and how the prize money of 20,000 Euro will be divided between them. They will announce their decision on October 18th at the FAKUMA in Friedrichshafen. In addition to the prize money, the winners will also receive support during patent application and development of their innovation right up until it is ready for market.
Further information: www.motan-colortronic.com/en/innovation/motan-innovation-award.html
The most important criteria for the jury of four experts were: degree of innovation, relevance for practical application in the plastics industry as well as feasibility and market potential within materials handling.